Thursday, September 8, 2011

You Know I Like My Chicken Fried

The time has come to once again write about my life. 
I'm game. 

Classes are off and running, and so far they're not too shabby. Here's why...
Since I'm pretty sure I'm going to do interpersonal communication, I get to take classes that are fun. Well, fun in my opinion. Right now I'm in public speaking and interpersonal communication- both of which are relatively easy so far. 
I just made a collage of my life last weekend, and tomorrow I get to present it to my interpersonal class, so that's fun. 
Then in public speaking, I get to talk about random things to 15 other people. It's fun. My professor told me yesterday that I have excellent eye contact, but I say "uh" a lot. 
Uh... shucks. 

My other three classes are for my potential business minor. The first is microeconomics, which has so far been the same as my macroeconomics class that I owned last semester. I mean, same book, same first 3 chapters, same material (obviously)- so it's pretty easy. Our first exam is tomorrow, and I'm so ready for it to be over so that I can finally start learning new things in economics. 

The second class is human resource management, and it's a little bit boring, if we're being honest. I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but it's really a piece of cake. We don't ever have homework, follow powerpoint slideshows in class... no big deal. Our first exam is on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll feel the same after that! 

And finally, I have accounting which is a nightmare. There is nothing else that I can say, except that I hate, hate, hate, accounting. And that's fine- it's certainly not for me. The only reason I'm taking it is because it is a prerequisite class for most of the upper level business courses, and my faculty advisor is an accounting professor.

We'll say accounting has become my new biology. I know... not biology again! Sorry. 

Anyway, Labor day weekend was nice- we had Monday off, so I didn't think it was enough of time to drive home, but I didn't want to be alone all weekend. So what did I do? I crashed with the Crains! 

And I had fun. 
I think they like me, because they gave me my very own house key. Now I don't have to wait on the front porch with the mosquitoes, strange neighbors and stray dogs. 
No, you can't have the key. It's mine and Lynda gave me strict instructions to NOT pass it around from person to person. It's my key. 
She was very nice about it though, and she is a great person and role model and influence.

She took me under her wing and showed me the ropes (or string?) in eyebrow threading. Well she didn't really show me, she just let me tag along with her to the cute little shop where I almost lost my life. 
Not going to lie- it hurt. Not just physical pain- though that was pretty rough. My pride also took a hit (not that I'm a proud person). This like, 12 year old girl who I could hardly understand due to a stinking language barrier threaded my eyebrows. I mean, I was letting a child rip my eyebrows out of my head with a flipping string! 
She first asked me to do something with my hands, I didn't understand so I responded with the infamous, "huh?" She proceeded to pick up my right hand, and guided it to my right eye where she pushed my eyelid down. Okay, so I hold my eyes shut, got it. I proceeded to do the same with my left hand to my left eye. 
This was wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment