Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Time's a Comin'!

I googled "Thanksgiving Songs" in a weak attempt to try and make my excitement for Christmas a bit more bearable and these were a few of the results.
1. America the Beautiful
2. Star Spangled Banner
3. God Bless America
To name a few. I decided that this is the reason that I sing Christmas carols starting in late September, early October if I'm lucky.

Anyway, the purpose of this post is simple: to inform.

The first piece of news is concerning my competency essay score. I re-wrote the essay on Monday, and I got my score today.
You ready for this?
A 2-
So I passed.
Can I get an amen?
Thanks.
For those of you who don't remember, my first score was a 1+. And Emily Sproul told me to shut up and stop writing because she couldn't believe it or something?
Well yes, Em I passed. A 2- is not fantastic, but it's passing.

The other great piece of news you ask?
Next week at this time I will have spent a whole night in my very own bedroom with my very own bed and blankets and walls and pictures and AH I can't even wait!
And I will be able to hug my family again!
Can you say boo-ya?
Good work.

Thanksgiving is just a great holiday, and I cannot believe that it is already here. Seems like just 2 weeks ago I was moving out and getting set up all on my own so far from home.
Such a crazy weird feeling.

6 Days until I can run through real dirt, smell the countryside, tickle Danny, kiss Shasta, drink coffee and chat with my Mom, drive around the back roads with Kyle, laugh at Daddy's quirky ways, and read Mary Catherine's mind.
Sounds like Heaven, does it not?

It's going to be an early night for me. Don't make fun. I'm tired!
Witch Hazel,
Caitlyn.

1 comment:

  1. witch hazel? :D

    hahaha, good for you! that writing test sounds really stupid. or else insanely hard, because i still cant see why they would give -you- that score. but anyway, it doesnt matter now, because you passed and its over!

    i have to give a speech in my music class this morning, about the righteous brothers. rrrghghghghg. JUST BE OVER WITH ALREADY!

    anyway, in a week ish we will get together at nicole's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete