Thursday, October 20, 2011

Epitome of Perfection

Today really is a great day. 
But you don't even know what I've been up to. Let's start with that.

I was home a few weeks ago on Fall break. That was pretty fabulous. It was 2 weeks ago. Wow- time flies!
But anyway, I did lots of great Lancaster-style things.

First thing Thursday morning, Mom and I got ourselves some exceptional Amish lady doughnuts. 
Nothing quite like them.


I also spent quality time with Shasta...


... and we spent some time at Cardinal Hill for Heritage Days in Blaine. 
Unfortunately, I missed Neck-Beard this year. But MC saw him and won herself $5. 
I think. 

A cool orange car! 

And speaking of cool- let's just all take a moment to appreciate my little brother right now. Look at how cute he is for something he did at home. Mom texted me the picture a few weeks back. He doesn't read my blog, so he'll never know. 
Unless you tell him. 
Then I'm in trouble. 

How cute, right? That's what I'm saying. 
What else? 

This week is the NC State Fair- it's a big deal. I mean, they have a 20 minute fireworks show every night for one week. 
Which sounds like bombs dropping on the Meredith campus. FYI. 

So I went to the fair on the first night- last Thursday. 
It was the night of the Deepfried tweet-up. Since I now have a twitter account, I could participate! 
It was so fun- a scavenger hunt around the fair with my best friend and a pretty cool uncle. 
We did lots of fun things!
First I ran into our cone-man friend from 2 years ago. 
This is cone-man now.


Then I invested in a really big turkey leg, which Skye helped me eat. We still didn't finish it though.



We had to get a picture with an animal. So this is Julie, the cow, some little farm-girl, Skye, and myself. 

Ever hear of the Kripsy Kreme Burger? 
I tasted one! 
A cheeseburger with Krispy Kreme doughnuts in place of the bread-buns. 
Skye enjoys them.


 While I did enjoy the burger, I was much more interested in my red-velvet funnel-cake. 
With cream cheese icing. 
The fair is such a happy place! 


If you're at all interested in hearing our opinions about these delicacies, you should click HERE  
Scroll down and watch the video. We were hanging out with Amy, the Deep Fried Ambassador. She's the real deal. But anyway, I'm the very last on the video, so don't give up on it until you see me! 

We also had a challenge to get as many people in a picture with the giant grocery cart. 
So Skye and I are there, with the cart, and a bunch of random people. 
Carter took the picture. And invited the guests.


That's my roommate, Skye, posing with a Donkey. 
Another challenge. 



Then we found a pretty waterfall! 
  
We also went to the fair again on Monday night for a concert. 
Steel Magnolia? 
Yeah, it was pretty good. Except that Steel is in rehab (or so the story goes), so we listened to Miss Magnolia for an hour. 
She's got a great voice though, so it was okay. 

Monday was also stressful though- 3 exams on the same day. But I got results from 2 back, and I got A's on both. Not too shabby, I must say! I'm still holding my breath for the third one though.

Charlie the janitor just stopped in to say hi to me. 
Hey Charlie. 
He's feeling better- good, good. 

Today is a really great day. 
First great thing- I understood everything that was happening in my accounting class. 
Even better? I kind of enjoyed the topic today. 
Mostly because I understood it. 

Also, it's cold today! I think the high was like, 62 degrees. Right now it's 59. Loving it! Fall is here!
I don't even know why else it's good. I'm going to a food-truck rally in Raleigh tonight. That should be fun! Maybe that will be my next post. 

I really shouldn't let it go this long in-between. 
It's like I have so much to say and not enough of space! 

I saw a Christmas commercial yesterday, and I smiled. 
It's (almost) the most wonderful time of the year! 

Did you know there are only 35 days until Thanksgiving?

So thankful!


No comments:

Post a Comment