Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Finding Feathers...

Today marks the 1 week anniversary of my college classes. I'm excited. My biology professor made the mistake of telling us there were a total of 13 bio labs for the semester. We're now down to 12.
I've officially decided that I dislike biology and feather pillows. My pillow has suddenly begun to leave little feathers all around my room. Some of them aren't even little. They're on my bed, on my desk, on my shelves, on my clothes... and its driving me insane! I find myself staring at my comforter and just picking all of the little feathers and feather pieces off. It gets very tedious and VERY frustrating, because no matter how many feathers I pick off, there are always too many left behind.
I'm hungry. This is what happens when I don't wake up early enough and take 15 minutes to straighten my hair and try on 3 different oufits before I'm satisfied and have a professor who believes in starting class 5 minutes early each morning. I just can't take it anymore! No really, I'm fine.
Back to the pillow thing- I'm getting a new one. Anyone have any suggestions for a good, non-shedding pillow that would support my poor neck which cries out each morning in pain because the feathers are all smashed down and not fluffy? I would appreciate that. Hopefully someone can help me. I mean really? I have to buy my own pillow??
I've come to the realization that being on your own and not having mom and dad around kind of stinks on ice. If I want toothpaste- I buy it. If I prefer toilet paper to construction paper in the bathroom- I buy it. If my pillow fails to do its job and I need a new one- I buy it. If I switch classes and need a new textbook that I really don't care about- I buy it. If I need bread or some other staple for the dorm room- I buy it.
This pattern is not fun.
Sigh- Lord, make me a rainbow.
I'm about to get up and put on a flipping sweatshirt. I'm in North Carolina. Yes. NC is considered a part of the South. Yes. It is August 25. Yes. It is summer. Yes. It is supposed to be hot. Yes. It is not hot. Yes.
True, the temperatures outside aren't at an all time high, but I would seriously like to have a nice little chat with whoever it is that is in charge of the temperature control in Heilman. I am convinced that they are trying to freeze us out. Why they would want us out of our dorms? I have no idea. I don't try to figure them out. But if I did try to figure them out, I would investigate why they turn the temps down first, definitely.
Sing it to me Atomic Kitten! What a name for a band- like really? Atomic kitten? Whatever floats your boats ladies.
Today is going to be laundry day. YAY I'm so excited to do my own laudry.  :( No, I'm not excited at all. Maybe I can push it off until tomorrow. I have plenty of clothes pshh...
The other day in BDH (Belk Dining Hall), I was browsing the large selection of dinner choices, when I came upon this sad cookie like desert thing. It was red velvet, I knew that much at first glance. I stared for some time, trying to figure out what this was, and then it hit me! This was NC's version of a very sad, very thin whoopie pie. I almost cried! Since when do they not have nice, plump, Kitchen Kettle or grandma style whoopie pies in NC? I took a picture before consuming, and posted it to my facebook album "mobile uploads". If you have time, check it out and you will be amazed at what they're trying to feed us down here. I have yet to learn how one actually posts a picture as part of a post, and I would figure it out now, but lunch starts in 14 minutes you see, and I skipped breakfast, remember? Its just fine, I promise. It won't take long to find my fb and TRUST, you will find the sad whoopie pie. Shame.
Anyway, I'm seriously freaking cold, and have decided that I will be changing out of my mustard colored shorts and instead I will be wearing a heavier jean, or possibly capris. You care, I know you do.
Peace out cub scouts!

1 comment:

  1. I'm hope that you warmed up, I'm sorry about the flat whoopie pie and I feel badly that I purchased a rotten pillow for you. I am laughing however, at the fact that you have to be up and out by nine o'clock in the morning! Man!

    ReplyDelete