Sunday, January 30, 2011

Standing Up

Happy second day after my birthday everyone! 
A happy day it has been indeed!

The biggest thing on my mind right now? The weather. 
I think it snowed at home yesterday, am I right? Well, it didn't snow here. 
Ha, snow.

The temperature yesterday reached 60 degrees. Unheard of, right? Right.
Today, right now, it is 66 degrees. We have a fan going in our new room because it's so hot. Meredith still has the heat running, and we're not allowed to open windows. But I just might have to crack it a bit, because it's so BEAUTIFUL outside. 

It's making me really, REALLY anxious for Spring and Summer. I seriously want it to be this temperature all day every day for the rest of my life. 
This is what my Heaven will be like. Except like, 98709730948 times better.
It will be PERFECT.

And yes, I did say new room! 
It was kind of a quick decision, but me, my suitemate Alyssa and my friend Jenna now live in a suite together. It's quite fun actually. Alyssa and I are rooming together, and Jenna is just through the bathroom =) 
So yesterday the Crains and Alyssa's mom came over and helped us throw our lives into trash bags to lug them all the way over to a different building to empty them all again. Ha. 

I've decided that I'm never going to move halfway through the year again. I'm just going to keep the moving to a bare minimum- like, two times a year at the most! 

But I got all of my stuff in and set up, and now I'm relaxing! Alyssa's still unpacking some of her stuff, but for the most part, it's looking really good! I snapped a few pictures quickly...
This is our new view. And my water bottles/travel mugs.
Much nicer than the parking lot, am I right?


My bed. I'm thrilled that my blankets no longer touch the floor. I mean, they're pretty close to touching now but that's mostly because I fixed my bed in a hurry today.


 My closet. Please don't look too closely. You won't be impressed by my organizational skills, I promise you won't be.
Oh, and the fridge is right there too!

My desk. Lots of cords, I know. It's not as big as my first desk and so I'm struggling a bit to make it all fit!

The dresser separates our desks. My desk is on the right =) 

This is kind of a shot from the door. (But not really). That board above my bed will be filled (soon enough) with loads of pictures and fun things. It's a huge cork board, so that will be fun. I plan to buy a sheet or something to put over it, and then I'll put my pictures up with thumb tacks of some sort. 
I'm excited! 

I didn't take any pictures of the bathroom, because it's mostly just a bathroom. Who needs to see that? Exactly.

So that was fun, as I'm sure everyone can imagine. Also, my address has changed just slightly. So before you send me letters, make sure you check on my new address. Just for your FYI =)
But anyway, I'M 19! 
Sorry, I didn't mean to shout.
 Jenna, Abigail and Morgan decorated my door, which was nice =)


Friday was lots of fun- I had a few classes, then went out for dinner with the Crains. 18 Seaboard? Yea I think that's what it was called. It was lots of fun. The waitress even gave us special desserts! 

Carter's birthday is actually today, the 30th. So we celebrated together for the first time since I was little! 
Sorry for the poor picture quality, I've been forgetting my camera lately.. not fun.
I gave him a Meredith sweatshirt for his birthday. Gotta represent! 

After we got back from dinner, I went with my big sis to see Country Strong, which was really fun! The movie was... well... I would not recommend it, but we had a good  time. 
Then yesterday I moved. 
I woke up at 8am. Yes Dad- I WOKE UP AT 8 IN THE MORNING. 
And then I was packing my stuff, and moving, and unpacking, until about 6pm. LOTS of work. But we did have a lunch break in there- Jenna and I went with Lynda and Carter to a restaurant that I always forget the name of... anyway, we used the $10 Lynda found on the ground to pay =) Fun times.
And today, to finish out the weekend, I had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory. YUM
What a weekend! And now, I get to read and read and read and then read and then start a paper, and then read some more! 
Ah, the sweet smell of procrastination in the late afternoon! 

Oh, just kidding. That's actually just the cheesecake I brought back with me. 
Delish! 

And we officially have 34 days until Spring break- yes please! And after break, we have (I think) 56 days until the end of the semester. 
Goodness gracious! 
Feels like just yesterday I was moving in!!
Oh wait... it was. 

Happy Sunday!


No comments:

Post a Comment