Thursday, January 20, 2011

Born For Broccoli

Today, for the first time all year, I decided to take advantage of the delicious broccoli that lives on the salad bar. 
Personally, I'm not a fan of broccoli in my salad. I guess that's why I've always avoided it.
Anyway, I had a few pieces, loved it, and went back for more. 
Yes, I slightly regret eating so much of the stuff- because you really can't get that smell off of your breath so easily BUT I do thank my mother for somehow making me love broccoli. I actually believe that it should be considered some sort of junk food, that's how much I like it. I remember fighting for it when I was younger- I had to beat Danny and Kyle to the best pieces, and if I didn't move fast enough, MC and her quick little fingers would eat it all up before I even had a chance!

Our mother did pretty well considering we fought over broccoli as toddlers and pre-teens. 
I actually think I mentioned to her the last time that there was a big thing of broccoli in the fridge that she needed to get at least 3 times the amount for the next time.
Random, I know. But if you were burping up broccoli every 5 minutes, you would probably blog about it as well.

Give me a break.

I have a hard time believing that it's January. Fact: yesterday weighed in at a whopping 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I was most confused!
On one hand, I love it- because Spring is one of my favorite seasons. 
On the other hand, I do enjoy winter. Usually by the time February comes around I'm ready for barefoot day, sunny skies and swimming pools. 
But January? 

Two years ago it snowed on my birthday and we had a snow day. 
Last year- yeah I'm pretty sure we had a delay of some sort.
I never worried about "begging" my mom to let me skip on my birthday, because that was never an issue. The snow took care of that one for me.
This year?
The Weather Channel data:
Sunny skies
Chance of precipitation- 20%
Hi/Lo- 45/29 degrees F

Probably won't be getting a snow day.
Whatever.
I really should not be updating my blog right now, I have a laundry list of things I need to get done. And yes, one of those things just happens to be laundry.
Funny how these things work out.
I have a pile of laundry so high that it almost didn't fit in my closet, I have never- ending projects for my health class, I have a paper to write for communications, the bathroom is in dire need of some TLC, and there was something else but I totally forget. 
Yet somehow, my blog manages to squeeze its way onto the list.

I don't think I mind.

There are no pictures in this post. I just realized this... next time, promise

This morning I woke up when a photo fell on my face. My "wall of pictures" is right over my head, and the tape has been failing in its duties. It won't be much longer, they'll all be down in a few days I'm afraid. But I didn't think much of it at the time- just pulled the picture from my forehead and placed it on my desk. Then fell asleep again.
When I got back from class, I looked at the picture- my family and I at my graduation. 
SHAME! 
How sad. But it's a very nice picture, that I love!

My procrastination has gone too far. I'm going to work, I'm going to work, I'm going to work, I'm going t.....

Pink Lemonade!
(Oh, disregard that).

No comments:

Post a Comment