Sunday, February 12, 2012

20 Dollars- Okay. 20 years? No Way!

My fingers are so cold right now. This is crazy. 
A couple of weeks ago it was pushing 70 degrees, and now it's suddenly struggling to move past 45. 
To say that I am unhappy and disappointed in the weather would be an understatement.
I came to the south because of the warmth. 
This is not acceptable.

It's also a bit crazy that I continue to NOT write about my life. It seems every time I write I have to play a quick catch-up. 

I have lived my first two weeks as a 20 year old. My goodness that's freaky.
Mom, Dad and MC came down to spend my birthday weekend with me. We went bowling, shopping, and ate some stinking great cake. 

Unfortunately, I can't post pictures of our weekend together because my camera somehow managed to hide in mom and dad's car and made it all the way home without me. 
Good thing I remembered to get my battery charger out of mom's purse before they left. 

So now I have the battery charger, and they have the dead camera. 
Thus, no birthday pictures. 
It takes a special kind of family to pull off something like that. 

I do have this picture of mom, MC and I at dinner. 
Thank goodness for iPhones! 


My birthday was really fun though. We had a great weekend, and I was really happy that they could come spend it with me! 
My family loves me =)

I've also been trying to keep my crap together as far as school-work is concerned. My goal this semester is to do just as well as last semester, or better. 
But that means a lot of working ahead. 
My weekends now consist of sleeping, eating, and homework. 
That's basically it. 

Although today I did venture out to the mall, that was an experience. 
I spent about 20 minutes driving around this massive parking lot trying to find a spot to park. When I finally found a spot way in the back of the mall, I think I might have started dancing in my car. 
The bad thing was that I was so disoriented when I went into the mall. I walked in and just stopped. I looked around and was all, "This is men's clothing. I don't need this." 
I think I walked around for another 20 minutes or so trying to find the store I was looking for. I was upstairs and downstairs and in the food-court and a shoe store... it was bad! 
But I just laughed at myself. 
I did finally find the store I was looking for. And then I treated myself to a Gloria Jean's Coffee!


I was so excited when I found it a few weeks ago. That's where my Aussie friend Bethany works! It's apparently an Australian coffee co. but there is one in Crabtree Valley Mall now! 
It was seriously the best coffee I've ever had in my life. 
I got a vanilla latte and I was in love. 
Newest favorite coffee. 

I'm always surprised by what I see in stores today. I consider myself  pretty open to all of these crazy fashions and such- but sometimes I just don't understand. Maybe that's why I like to go to the mall. It's just fun to laugh at people and clothes and children- etc. etc. etc. 
This steals the show. 





I could totally see myself in it. 
Even so, I didn't buy it. Just wasn't my color, you know? 

What else happened in January? 
Well... Jenna came for a visit...



I waited in line for roughly 6 hours on a wet, dreary day to see Alice in Wonderland...

 The line got really long- we were luckily near the front and got GREAT seats. 
Every 4 years, the Meredith faculty performs Alice in Wonderland for the students. It's a huge deal for everyone on campus. 


Yes, that is a stage filled with professors dressed up as fairies and animals and flowers! 
Seriously though, it was so funny. 
Can you imagine watching your business professor dressed as a Cheshire cat, running around stage "licking" herself?
That's why I love Meredith. 

On one of the warmer days I played in the leaves with Hurley.


And today, between writing papers and preparing powerpoint presentations, I admired the big blue sky. 


I don't know how many times I've said it, but I'm going to say it again. 
I love the blue skies of North Carolina. 
They're my favorite. I could just sit outside and stare up at them all day long. I wouldn't get bored, I wouldn't get tired, and I wouldn't get cold.
They're inspiring and beautiful!
God's got some great things going on- for sure.



My fingers are still- so cold. 
And a little bit sore. I'm learning how to play the guitar. Did I say that before? 
I rock out- hard-core- on my professor's electric guitar. 
And when I say "rock out", I mean struggle. 
I struggle. 

My fingers haven't completely calloused yet, so it's still slightly painful. But with the cold, they tend to go numb pretty quickly. It's a nice arrangement. 

Less than 3 weeks until I go home for Spring break. 
I'm almost finished with my second year of school.
I'm almost halfway finished with my entire college career. 
Holy moly. 
Good thing I declared a major! 
I'm officially majoring in Communication with a concentration in Interpersonal Communication. 

Just call me your little talker!


No comments:

Post a Comment