Saturday, September 18, 2010

Caribbean Coral

A good afternoon to the world!
It is bright, it is sunny, and it is hot in Raleigh today. But I am not hot, because Heilman is the icebox. We've decided that Icebox would be a more appropriate name for our dorm. I mean, I open up my fridge to get some water, and the fridge doesn't even feel cold to me. And its not because the settings are on low- the fridge is cranked pretty high. We had it one notch higher and it started to freeze all of our water. Moral of the story: it is freezing cold in my room.

Interesting- there is either someone hammering something across the hall, or somebody is running up and down the stairs with high heels on. Oh the sounds you hear in a dorm room. Seeing as how this is Meredith- an all girls college, I'm going to say that it is definitely a girl running up the stairs with heels on. I mean, a girl at Meredith hammering? Good one!

My weekend is going wonderfully! It started off with a bang last night; I watched Toy Story 3 in the courtyard with Alyssa. I will admit, I choked up a bit when Andy's mom hugged him and said "I just want to be near you forever", or something along those lines. I mean, who decides to show Toy Story 3 to a bunch of college girls only 1 month after they've moved in?! I would like to know who made that decision!

The weekend is still going well; I woke up this morning at an unknown time- maybe like 11:30? But it was okay Mom, because I showered, cleaned our sink (which was gross) ate lunch, and went to Rite Aid with Alyssa for some cleaning supplies. I've decided that it really stinks that we can't have candles. I mean, it literally stinks, like feet. The stupid store had candles everywhere and I was so tempted to just buy one and keep it under my pillow. But no- little Caitlyn who does not want to get into trouble- stayed away from the candles. So I'm making my day super productive! And I don't even have a lot of homework- which is super! Probably due to the fact that I didn't have biology on Friday. Which means that my professor will most likely email me Monday morning or tomorrow night (if I'm lucky) and list off a whole bunch of assignments that will be due on Monday. Super! We're going to hope for the best, and say that she DOESN'T do that.

Oh when I was at Rite Aid I decided to buy myself a bottle of nail polish because its a really pretty color and the name made me laugh. Yes, Caribbean Coral. Now, I don't know about you, but when I think of Caribbean, I think of beautiful blues- every shade of blue possible! And perhaps some greens with those blues. But then the coral part comes in- and maybe the coral just completely dominated the Caribbean? The nail polish is definitely a pink or reddish color.

Its pretty =) I can't wait to put it on my nails! How long it stays depends on the quality of the polish I assume. And... the quality of the polish can be determined by the price of the polish. And... the price of the polish was (drum roll please!) $2.99! What a steal! I do understand that it probably won't last much longer than a few hours. But please, let me just have this moment (and this nail polish).

A free cell game is calling me. And so is my Christmas music. Its just like one big, loud, screamfest in here.
My roommate just brought a churro back to the room for me. Best roommate ever award? I think so.

Tonight I am off to experience Raleigh with a few girls. Pizza at some pizza place that I cannot recall the name of, followed by a nice trip to the movies to see Easy A. Needless to say, I'm pretty excited =)
Holy churro-y goodness!! Of course, a bunch of fried dough rolled in sugar would be HEAVEN! wow...
okay distraction- yes, I am excited for tonight. And I will certainly let the world know my feelings on the movie. I could be a movie critic! Psh, yeah right. Me, a critic? Good one.

Anyway, (bite of churro) I'm now skyping with my big brother- Kyle is awesome. He's checking his laundry though, so its okay that I'm typing =)
And now our conversation is over. An hour has gone by? Well that's not cool. Here it is, 4:15, and I still have not started any homework! But it is okay because I don't have much =)

I've been telling people that I need to sweep my floor, really badly! They usually look at me like I'm crazy and say something along the lines of "why on earth would you sweep your floor?" It threw me off the first couple of times, but now I know that I need to say vaccum... I'm going to vaccum my floor! I've also learned that no one understands what it means to "outen the lights". Not that I've said that (because I really haven't), but because someone on facebook did and it made me smile. Ah how I miss Lancaster!

Well I think that its about time for me to switch gears a bit and get into my reading for English. I'm super duper excited! I've made a deal with myself- 2 chapters before my fun night and the other 2 chapters tomorrow. And my reading for business and society will definitely be done tomorrow as well. Tomorrow, tomorrow, I love ya! tomorrow, you're only a day away!

And I'm off!

No comments:

Post a Comment