Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Gotta Have Faith

How appropriate that the song my roommate is playing right now is what I've been learning in the past couple of days. Sing it George Michael- Just real loud!
And believe me, he is loud. That's the only way we can do it here in our room.
Oh good, the Beach Boys!

I went to my first small group Bible study last night- be impressed =) It was a lot of fun! It is always refreashing for me to get out and meet new people and stuff. I've been suffering from a serious case of cabin fever this past week, and seriously loved going to another person's room to talk about Jesus. It made my day. Heck, it made my week! And today is a good day too! No biology homework? Can it be today for forever?
Speaking of biology, what do you think the chances are of class being cancelled 2 Fridays in a row? I'm thinking they're pretty good, but I've been hearing otherwise. No but seriously- if it isn't cancelled I probably won't go anyway. Majority of the girls won't be in class, so I'm thinking she probably will cancel.

WHEN SHE DOES CANCEL CLASS... I will be off and on my way to the Crain's early Friday morning- and when I say early I mean 10am. And that's early for a college student. Trust!
I can't wait!

So the beginning of the week started out kinda crappy. I pinched my finger in the chair in the dining hall. Don't ask how, because I'm not really sure at all how it happened. All I remember is thinking I should move my chair over so that another girl could have more room, and the next thing I know my fingernail is throbbing and turning purple. GREAT! Just what I needed, right? A purple fingernail. Now I HAVE to paint my nails. Which I haven't done yet. Oh Caribbean Coral!
Anyway, I took a picture of it because I wanted to send it to my Mom and get some pity. I thought maybe if I played it up she would decide she needs to come down with some oils or something to make it better and save my nail!
That didn't happen. I guess it didn't look too bad to her.
Please just ignore the hangnail, the crookedness of the nail, and the long length. I promise I have been meaning to file them for like... so many days and it just hasn't happened. Yet.

So yea, that was pretty much the non-exciting thing that happened on Tuesday? I guess it was only yesterday! Weird. Seems like a lifetime ago!
No it doesn't. If it turns any other colors, I will post a picture of it. I'm kind of hoping for some nasty blues or even some black. Wouldn't that be interesting? I think so!

This next just for Emily- Here is my picture wall!
Now, I do have a bunch more that will be added after this weekend. I ordered them, and they were successfully sent to the Crains. Arrived a day after I left their house for 2 weeks. Fantastic! I've been waiting for SO LONG and can't wait to add all of them! But these pictures make me smile. I like to look at them when I'm bored and just remember each story that goes behind each picture. You know? I will definitely add a picture of the "new and improved" wall of photos after this weekend Em, for sure!

Oh, to add a few more things that I miss about Lancaster-
18. Applesauce- I was eating something really hot yesterday (I don't know what it was, weird), and I just wanted some homemade applesauce to go with it to make it less hot.
19. Jelly- People eat peanut butter sandwiches down here, and I think that is gross. Peanut butter is all over the cafeteria at like every meal, but there is absolutely NO jelly.
20. Farmers cheese- I never thought I'd miss cheese so much...?
21. Kunzler's sweet bologna- I don't think these people know what bologna is. Its either turkey this, or ham that, they even have roastbeef!!! No bologna.

I'm missing Lancaster's food. Can you tell? I haven't been able to eat much in the dining hall recently, it isn't appealing anymore. Sigh...
Oh good, Shakira, Shakira!

Oh, class soon. Let's get some work done Lou!

Enjoy your Wednesdays!


1 comment:

  1. yay for the picture wall! :] i love it. id definitely love to do one..

    and im sorry about your poor dear nail's injury. those lethal chairs...
    did you notice how dining hall sounds so...fancy and...well, it makes you think there will be good food and a good atmosphere...
    nope, its still just a cafeteria.

    weird. so english people dont eat peanutbutter, and southern people [at least people at ..oh no...here comes my spelling test...] meredith [YES!] dont eat jelly? weird. i had a peanutbutter and jelly waffle sandwich for breakfast today, as a matter of fact.
    how does that work, do you ask? you toast 2 waffles and but peanutbutter on one, and it melts mmmmm :]

    ReplyDelete