Monday, October 25, 2010

Craving Simplicity

How is it that the weekends always, without fail, gallop away from me? I very much don't enjoy that.

Ohhh I would very much like to watch Charlie and Lola. Or perhaps Eloise at the Plaza- I just need a good English accent fix and a story laced with simplicity. My life is too complicated and filled with homework, tests, laundry, meetings, classes, etc. etc. etc.

But that's not my point. Not that I have a point- because I don't. As of right now, I'm typing this entry without a title. That's how pointless this entry is.
=)
I'm telling you- I'm craving simplicity.
Ohhh that's a good title!
Title made!

So this weekend, let's start there. I had a fantastic time!
My Grandparents came down for a "work weekend" with the Crains.
I crashed it like the sneaky work crasher that I was born to be.

No I didn't, they got lots of work done.
They also managed to work their way down the 440 and check out Meredith College- which made me very happy! There was a mini-tour involved, and a trip to the cool sign where Grandpa and I wanted to take pictures.


So fun, right?

We also went out for ice cream. Can somebody say delish? (DELISH)



I did give them a fair warning. I said "1,2,3" and this is what I got. Just for the record.


That's right. Two of your favorites right there, enjoying themselves some good ice cream!


What great grandparents I have! And look at how cute they are, so sweet.


Hurley even got some ice cream. Such a doggie-friendly place.


He thoroughly enjoyed every. last. drop.
If I remember correctly, he even tried to eat the cup. It was probably because the balled up paper towel just wasn't enough of paper for his little puppy belly.
Yes MC, I said belly.
=D


 Then we mostly hung out in between painting the deck and sewing couch cushions and playing with Hurley.



She told Grandma that she "smelled like melons".


Grandpa wanted to check his deck. Bean did too.


He had Bean cornered- my hero! lol (totally kidding Lynda, I love Bean!)


Going on a walk!


Yes, I took one of those "he's taking a picture" pictures. I just wanted to.


Hurley crashed next to me on the floor...


And just had to be touching me at all times...


All up in my shoulder's business.


And then I found this clock when we went to Panera. Am I the only one who loves it so much?
Probably.

So that was my weekend.
We had a fun time too! I didn't want it to end. But it did, shucks!
Grandma brought some very good bologna and farmers cheese which I loved. I could've spent all day with that block of un-sliced farmers cheese. But Lynda wouldn't let me.

We also ate a very interesting mixture of candy corn and peanuts. It was surprisingly wonderful. Who ever figured that one out should be called genius and given global recognition.
I know- it sounds weird. But its really good so you should try it too. I hate candy corn but peanuts make the world better. So try it.

I know I made a deal with myself that I wasn't going to mention biology ever again, and I'm terribly sorry. But come on- no one really believed I could stick to that, did they? But I'm not going to complain this time. I promise. I'm just going to say these two things:
1. Last week we got our tests back and guess who got a B+?
That's right. Me.
2. I looked at my bio lab syllabus today, and was pleasantly surprised to see that we only have 3 more labs before the final exam.
Needless to say, I was dancing and singing and jumping and leaping (in my mind) because I was that excited.

So that means that we only have 4 weeks left before the first semester is over.
That thought makes me smile and feel all happy inside. I made it through 1 semester! Successfully- without failing any of my classes (hopefully), without getting lost, and without losing my sanity! I never thought it would go this quickly. How nuts is life right now? So nuts.

Ohh Hairspray just came onto my pandora radio. Hey Mamma, hey Mamma take a chance!
HEY MAMMA WELCOME TO THE 60'S!

1 comment:

  1. I'd really like some of that ice cream! just sayin'. I'm also jealous of the weekend...but 4 more weeks? Really? That means that in 4 very short, quick as a flash weeks, we will officially be into Christmas - full swing! Seriously?

    ReplyDelete