Tuesday, June 28, 2011

But for now- I'll start with something.

I thought it would be so easy to just NOT update. 
It's so stinking hard! I keep thinking to myself- "oh! I'll just take a picture of this and post it on my blog!" 
Nope, because I want to make myself NOT update. 
Whatever. I have issues, duh.

How would you like to kick off your summer?
With a great big bang? 
Or maybe go in rather subtly? 

I wasn't necessarily given a choice. Not that it mattered to me- we all know I'm way too phlegmatic to care about that. 
Especially when it meant that I could finally, after 7 years, see one of my greatest friends ever and laugh and talk and cry with and hug her again. 
Yeah, I really could care less.

I'm very pleased with myself and how I handled our first meeting. I thought I would be a mess.
(turns out, that happened when she left me.)


I was lucky enough to spend a few days with this beautiful girl (and her cool clothes and slick accent) and her crazy fun sister (and her funny sense of humor and surprising jokes). 

We did the world's most random things. Like seriously, WORLD'S MOST RANDOM. 

First, we just kinda chillaxed at home around a fire in the backyard.

We made s'mores (and funny faces).

I think she kinda liked it.

Long-lost friends. SUCH a fun time.
(Rachael, MC, Beth, Me, Mom)

We also laughed at Rachael's story of the time she ate a whopping 5 s'mores in one sitting. I didn't think it was possible. When I was little, I would get my hands smacked if I even so much as glanced at another marshmellow after devouring my first. 
But who's counting?  

What else did we do? Girl, what else didn't we do?

Auntie Anne was a huge hit! We had to introduce them to Lancaster's claim to fame- and they were totally okay with that!

We were even invited to spend an evening driving through the countryside with Anne and her super fantastic car. It was a beautiful evening, so we all showed up with our hair pulled back and sunglasses in tow. 
The top went down, and we hit the road! 

Back seat-ers. 
We drank loads of coffee- Starbucks when possible.

Rach couldn't get over it- "A Starbucks inside a Target! This is like a dream-come-true!"

AND THEN... just because we could, we took the train into the city of Brotherly Love for a day.

Hellooo, Philadelphia!
Rach wants to be able to get her ironing done FAST. 


Practicing my Princess wave.

Self-timer shot in the wheelbarrow! 

This was some kind of strange structure that we walked through. We had no idea what it was- hence the confusion. 

Look how cute my friend is! She was making it work on the cobblestone street.

Got caught in a rainstorm on our trek to see the Rocky statue. It didn't really faze Beth...
(yes, we stood under a tree in a rainstorm. but we live to tell the story)
Rachael wouldn't let us take umbrellas along- she didn't want to look too prepared. 


Posing with the big guy himself. 

L O V E 

Making the best of a strange situation- the Comcast Center is apparently the largest building in the city. We didn't figure that out until a few hours later. 

Many hours, a few blisters, one rainstorm, a large tree and four coffees later... we boarded the train and headed for home. 

It was a dream come true to spend so much time with these great girls! I remember year after year on January 1, I would beg God to make the new year the one when I would finally get to see my best friend.
Then when I found out she was actually coming, I was so worried that she wouldn't like me after all! 7 years can do a lot to a friendship, right? 
Right. Lots of good things. GREAT things! 
And even greater things happened when they finally came back. 

Thank you both, Rachael and Bethany for coming and spending some time with our family. We loved loved LOVED having you and driving you around! 

Their visit was kind of like my 'Jane Seymour'. 
The first thing I did and it set a whole new standard for summer vacation. 

But it also makes summer look real good. So 10 points for summer. 
Let the records show, summer runs away with the lead.

Nighty night.


No comments:

Post a Comment